Hello,I have been given conflicting information on the line of descendancy down to Duncan (Donnacha Sealgair) Macrae, the father of John 'Roy' McRae who married Mary McLennan and migrated to Australia in 1853.
Working down from Fionnla Dubh Mac Gillechriosd (Black Finlay) (generation 1) I have been given 2. Christoper; 3. Finlay; 4. Christopher; 5. Farquhar; 6. Donald; 7; Donald.
From here it looks like our McRae line possibly descends from two of Donald's sons -
8. Christopher &
9. Alexander, son of Christopher;
9. Farquar, son of Duncan;
10. Duncan, son of Alexander, died 1715 battle of sheriffmuir;
10. Christopher, son of Farquar
11. Donald, son of Duncan, married Christina Macrae
11. Christina, daughter of Christopher, married her cousin, Donald Macrae.
12. Duncan (Donnacha Sealgair) Macrae, b abt 1769 ??
This information differs from what I had previously thought, but I realise that records are scanty and it may be impossible to know which is correct.
Does anyone have any thoughts re the above ??
Many thanks for any suggestions and assistance.